Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday: Brian's 21st Birthday

21st Birthday Urban Dictionary Definition (classy, I know): The individual whose birthday it is, gets completely and totally intoxicated with the help of friends/family that eventually leads to uncontrollable actions and the loss of self-respect and any dignity the individual has.


Brian's 21st birthday is this coming up Wednesday - and since I'm not 21, I obviously couldn't buy him a bottle of wine or a bottle of champagne to help him celebrate...So instead, I bought him different types of glasses that he can use for drinks.

We already have one wine glass (originally we had two, but one broke when we moved into our apartment, so now we just have one) - so I bought him a matching wine glass. I also bought two 20 oz wine glasses....These things are HUGE, and I mean that literally. "Normal" wine glasses are 10.5 oz - so the bigger glass is almost twice the size. Additionally, I bought him two martini glasses, they are pretty standard at 6 oz each. Also, I bought two champagne flutes (I can't remember the ounces, but they are small-ish).

Brian absolutely loved his present - and I loved the expressions on his face. Here are a few of my favorite expressions when he was unwrapping everything:










Now, you have to realize that Brian's been talking about getting glasses for the last few days. I'm not even kidding you - easily once a day he would say "I really gotta think about when I'm going to get glasses so that I have them before my birthday". Little did he know that I was already planning on getting him glasses :)

Here's a picture of all of the glasses as well as the happy birthday man:


(If you're curious, his shirt says "Participation. Empowerment. Change. We are the SSI")


What's been your favorite gift to give someone on their 21st birthday? What has been the worst gift you've given, or have received? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment