Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Work Day Wednesday: Living Room & Kitchen Make Over

Yesterday, August 14th, Brian and I drove from Corvallis to Portland. Brian's 21st birthday is next Wednesday, so we went up to visit both of our moms and my younger brother. We also picked up alot - and I mean ALOT of stuff from my room at home. I had about 30 books at home, and I've been wanting them all summer - so of course that is something that we picked up. Along with a headboard for our bed, some food from my mom, a bookcase, among other various little things.

Now, Brian and I's apartment is pretty big for a one bedroom - at least I think it's big :) We already had two futon couches (one with 3 seats and one with 2 seats - both pull out into futons) a coffee table, and an entertainment stand. This morning when I woke up, I looked in the living room and wanted to arrange it in a way that would have a nice flow and would look nice as well as function for us. Below are the pictures before moving things around (I forgot to take a picture before I put the bookcase up and filled it with books, as I was so excited to actually have a bookcase to put books on!)





(We put my animal tank [we have two Japanese algae Shrimp, one African Dwarf Frog, one Black Inca Snail, and two Rosy Red Minnows] in the kitchen originally because it was the only solid surface we could find)





(We had the two couches in an "L" shape with the coffee table in the middle [that's Brian working away as I take pictures] )




(The bookcase is up and being used, and the brown entertainment stand was up against the back wall. We only kept speakers, newspaper, dictionaries, and electronic cords in there)




Andddddd here's what we changed




(We moved the entertainment stand from the back wall to the front wall in order to free up space back here, as well as to put the animal tank ontop of to create a focal point in the living room)





(Now the entertainment stand is on the front wall with the animal tank ontop)





(We also pulled the 3 seat couch back so that the living room didn't feel cramped)





(The entire view of the new arrangement)





(We now have all of this free space which is where the animal tank used to be)





(Finally, the animal's tank - they are so happy over there now, being out in the open - things to look at)



It took me about 2 hours to get everything the way that I wanted it, and I still have about 1-2 hours of organizing to do, but at least for now all of the furniture is in its new home and isn't going anywhere for a while.

What would you have done differently? Where would you have moved things? Let me know in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. Nice changes lady! It definately looks less cluttered which is always a plus. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh thank you! It seems impossible to keep our tiny apartment entirely clutter free this summer, but we're doing it pretty well most days!

    ReplyDelete